Tuesday 3 March 2009

Backlog 8: Comedy Panel Show Introduction

I have suddenly realised that i have yet to blog about a side project that i've been working on all year >.<

A few months ago, as Nerve began to recruit new members, I attended a Nerve TV meeting in which people were given the chance to air ideas for new shows on the channel. one of the ideas was to have a comedy panel show which seemed to go down well. i put myself forward to be a camera operator but soon after chatting away to the producer, Scott (the guy who suggested it), I found myself with the role of director.

Over the next few months we planned, then stalled (mainly down to work), planned some more and then stalled some more as we began to piece together our beginners' comedy panel show.

Eventually we had a final script, I knew what I wanted in terms of camerawork, we had panellists, and a venue in The Allsebrook Lecture Theatre. We also gave ourselves a 2 week deadline to get everything finalised and prepared before we would finally shoot. Posters were printed, the date was confirmed as Thursday February 26th 2009 from 6-8 and so we duly pulled our socks up. However, we still were unsure of what to do with regards to lighting and sound which is where I will end this introduction and begin more detailed backlogs of what happened next...

No comments: